No.3 Wellington Place Achieves BREEAM Excellent
No.3 Wellington place is a Grade A commercial office building situated in the heart of Leeds City centre on Wellington Street. It is an important building in the Wellington Place business district, contributing significantly to districts urban aesthetic at the north-eastern entrance. It offers contemporary commercial office space for businesses to use, and prosper in.
Mainer Associates were contracted by our longstanding client MEPC to ensure the building achieved a BREEAM Excellent rating. Mainer have guided the client and project team throughout the development of No.3 Wellington Place from pre-assessment, design stage and post-construction to make sure the building achieved excellent environmental, social and economic performance standards and benchmarks. Doing this has allowed MEPC to realise the true value of their asset and offer a premium and sustainable built environment for their tenants.
This project achieved credits across all BREEAM categories in Management, Health and Wellbeing, Energy, Transport, Water, Materials, Waste, Land Use and Ecology, and Pollution.
Accomplishing an Excellent BREEAM rating is no easy task. It demands significant environmental benchmarks to be met. The project required rigorous efforts between the project team and our assessors at Mainer Associates to ensure this rating was achieved.
Mainer fully engaged with the client, contractor, architect and engineer to make sure an Excellent rating was always attainable from design stage to post-construction. When aiming for such a significant rating it is vital the project team do not miss out on credits that can be accomplished in the early stages of the development.
Here are some highlights from the No.3 Wellington Place development that contributed to a BREEAM Excellent building.
- Intelligent PR controlled LED lighting systems with daylight sensing
- Sophisticated building management systems and smart metering for monitoring energy usage
- High performance solar control floor to ceiling glazing
- Pre-cooling technology
- Optimum life cycle energy efficiency with a 4 pipe coil system
- Photovoltaic panels to provide 5% of the buildings energy supply
- Electric vehicle charging points
- Superb accessibility via public transport
- Access to open space with a rooftop terrace
- Smart design to maximise natural light and enhance occupant wellbeing
- 24-hour access for occupants
- Full disabled accessibility
- Bicycle parking with maintenance stations
- Cycling facilities, with showers and changing space
- Proximity to public transport links
- Thermal Comfort Measures
The client now has a fantastic contemporary building that has been built to a renowned sustainability standard, having positive affects on tenant value. With an emphasis also on low-carbon consumption and energy efficiency measures, the superb environmental performance of this building is matched by tangible cost-savings.